• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smikk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I have an llc selling online airsoft guns. I just received a cease and desist letter from an office of general counsel regarding a trademark infringement.

I use a supplier that buys from manufacturers over seas, and it sounds like one or more of those manufacturers copied, or infringed somohow on the designs of this firearm company. Now they are giving me a list of demands including paying outrageous fines as an "informal settlement".

What kind of liability do I have with this? I have already taken the site down until I figure out what to do, but how responsible am I for this? I have no way of knowing that the products are trademark infringements because I never even see the products. My supplier (or dropshipper) wharehouses and ships it all for me. I just built the website and resale the products.

Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">