• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this type of massage service illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GoldenZephyr

Hi all, I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. As I was curiously browsing unclassified ads on sites like Craigslist and Backpages (where illegal happy ending massages are advertised), I am wondering the following:

Is it legal for a client and an un-licensed masseuse in California to both be nude while a massage is being performed for a fee? No sexual contact is taking place whatsoever.

I am asking this mainly to see exactly how the the courts define what exactly constitutes an act of prostitution.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Hi all, I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. As I was curiously browsing unclassified ads on sites like Craigslist and Backpages (where illegal happy ending massages are advertised), I am wondering the following:

Is it legal for a client and an un-licensed masseuse in California to both be nude while a massage is being performed for a fee? No sexual contact is taking place whatsoever.

I am asking this mainly to see exactly how the the courts define what exactly constitutes an act of prostitution.
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/california-law/california-prostitution-laws.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">