• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid invoice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmitsios

South Carolina

To whom it may concern:

The graphic design and web authoring work was done in Columbia, SC. Since the work was done I have relocated to San Antonio, TX. The client was provided a logo (which he is currently using) and a website for one of his clients. I have not been paid for either. I have only email documentation and text messages showing this agreement. He owes me the following:

Logo: $300.00
Domain Name: $10.00
Hosting Fees: $90.00

He now doesn't want to pay. He claims he doesn't need the website because he lost the client. He claims he could have had an intern do the logo for cheaper. The reality is he didn't he had me do it and this is what we verbally agreed upon and shook on. I think he is banking that I will just forget, but now this is about principle. I even offered to drop the web fees, but I demanded the logo since he is using it.

Is there a way I can file the claim here in Texas? Can I have someone represent me in South Carolina? Is there another avenue I should be taking?

Thank you in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
South Carolina

To whom it may concern:

The graphic design and web authoring work was done in Columbia, SC. Since the work was done I have relocated to San Antonio, TX. The client was provided a logo (which he is currently using) and a website for one of his clients. I have not been paid for either. I have only email documentation and text messages showing this agreement. He owes me the following:

Logo: $300.00
Domain Name: $10.00
Hosting Fees: $90.00

He now doesn't want to pay. He claims he doesn't need the website because he lost the client. He claims he could have had an intern do the logo for cheaper. The reality is he didn't he had me do it and this is what we verbally agreed upon and shook on. I think he is banking that I will just forget, but now this is about principle. I even offered to drop the web fees, but I demanded the logo since he is using it.

Is there a way I can file the claim here in Texas? Can I have someone represent me in South Carolina? Is there another avenue I should be taking?

Thank you in advance.
You will need to sue in SC. I don't know if you can be represented in small claims court in SC and I'm not going to google it, as you can do so yourself. If you hire an attorney to actually go to court over this, you're going to spend more on the attorney than you stand to gain from the lawsuit (and that cost is not something you can recover through the court.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">