• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Validation of an NDA and Operating Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PizzaSupreme

Hello, everyone. I am working on a software development project as part of a small LLC with some individuals who are not members of the LLC, some of whom are overseas. None of us plan to be paid up-front for our work on this project, as it is a side-project that we are all contributing to in our off-hours; however, we do plan to release this software commercially, and when it is released, we plan to split up the profit evenly among the project's contributors, to those within the LLC and to those not. My question, in short, is what would be the steps I would have to take to make a Non-Disclosure Agreement and an "Operating Contract" that specifies the terms of this project (Such as profit distribution after making up for the monetary losses our LLC put in to the project) legally valid? None of us working on this project have much legal experience, and those of us who comprise the LLC are pretty new at running a company and collaborating with contractors; this is especially complicated considering we have members working on the project outside of our home state, as well as individuals who are citizens of another country.

Last edited:

swalsh411

You are seeking legal services (writing a contract) not legal advice and that is beyond the scope of this forum. You really need to consult with an attorney to protect the best interests of everybody involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">