• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vendor not paying Consultant (me) for consulting services San Jose CA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkhayer

I'm an independent contractor. Working on a corp-to-corp basis. I'm providing service to client A. This client has a preferred vendor called vendor B. This vendor was not able to get me on a corp-to-corp contract therefore they subcontracted me with one of their preferred vendors lets call it vendor C. Now vendor C is not paying me saying that they have not received payment from Vendor B. I go to vendor B and they say your contract is between you and vendor C so it's none of our business. This is the payment terms of my contract with vendor C:
"Company C will pay after receipt of payment from the client for Consultant’s services based upon the required time records and Company C's invoice to the client. Company C pays consultant 30 days from receipt of the verified time record (Net 30)."

What are my rights? Can I take action to get paid and if so what kind of action can I take?

quincy

I'm an independent contractor. Working on a corp-to-corp basis. I'm providing service to client A. This client has a preferred vendor called vendor B. This vendor was not able to get me on a corp-to-corp contract therefore they subcontracted me with one of their preferred vendors lets call it vendor C. Now vendor C is not paying me saying that they have not received payment from Vendor B. I go to vendor B and they say your contract is between you and vendor C so it's none of our business. This is the payment terms of my contract with vendor C:
"Company C will pay after receipt of payment from the client for Consultant’s services based upon the required time records and Company C's invoice to the client. Company C pays consultant 30 days from receipt of the verified time record (Net 30)."

What are my rights? Can I take action to get paid and if so what kind of action can I take?
The client or vendor or company you have a contract with is who you can take legal action against (i.e., sue) if you are not paid for the services you provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">