• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Web Designer not getting paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marketing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.

I'll try to make this short and to the point.

I'm an owner of a marketing/web design firm in Illinois. Over the last 10 mo. or so I have built a website for a local aviation company. last month I have mailed an invoice in the amount of approx. 8k (first bill 11k was paid 7k.4k was rolled over to this 8k) a couple of days ago I was notified by my client that they are simply unable to pay this invoice and are "willing" to pay me $500 a month (it would take 18 months for the repayment) Some of the website systems required outsourcing. The sub-contractors have been paid directly by me out of my own pocket. My questions is: What are my rights as a web designer? am I legally entitled to shut down the company's website?There was no written contract for this work, but I am the legal owner of the domain name

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">