• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Web development Committment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

im2sassy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

Greetings,

I entered a contract with an individual to develop a subscription website for me in Nov 2011. I was provided a timeline for a launch date of Jan 1, 2012. At this time, the website is still not completed. I was required to pay a deposit, which I did. I have been paying fees associated with the maintenance of the website, business PayPal fees and Hosting fees on a monthly basis. I currently have over 50 people interested in signing up, just from word of mouth. I am potentially losing at least 500-1000 dollars a month since the failure to launch at the targeted date.

Do I have any recourse for the monies paid for maintenence fees or revenue lost due to his inability complete the project according to the timeline in our contract? Our contract does not list anything about his failure to complete the project timely. It does spell out in detail target completion dates for each portion of the website.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

im2sassy

Hi...I was wondering if I should post this in a different catagory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">