• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Pianist Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BettyBoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? England, UK

Our wedding is booked for 23/8/13 and we booked a Pianist back in November 2012. Since then we have hardly any contact with him and although we have asked to meet repeatedly, we never have. He has either broken or confused our meet on the 2 occasions. Have paid him £112.50 deposit (half). Emails and texts take an age for him to reply to. We have signed a contract with him but nothing in the contract mentions cancellation or non refundable deposit. We need a list of music from him and have been waiting for over 4 weeks (Registry Office asking). When I emailed and told him we were cancelling and asked for a refund he replied straight away and told me the deposit was unrefundable and contract could not be cancelled, and that it was binding. He also accused me of adding more music and changing times.. which I haven't and have all emails/texts sent and received to prove this. I would really like advice of where we stand with this contract and whether it is as tight as he says. Communication has totally broken down and we have 7 weeks to sort something else out for our big day. Any advise would be greatly received. Many thanks X

swalsh411

I would suggest that whatever laws apply to your situation you keep in mind it's not worth risking the pianist on your wedding day over such a small amount. If you don't have these extra funds in your budget then you planned a wedding that was too expensive.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I met with the organist to choose the music for my wedding only a week before the wedding itself. And everything was perfect. Why do you think you need to meet with him so soon? There's well over a month to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">