• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHO do I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?CA

Hello,

The CFO of an inc agreed to a contract and has not paid me. I am going to sue in small claims.
My question is:
1. I am going to send a demand letter. Should send one to the CFO and one to the owner, or just one to the CFO? it is a huge company and the owner is probably not aware of what has happened between us.
2. when I sue, WHO do I sue? Like do I write ___ inc? or do I write Ms. __ __ ? am I suing the CFO, or the owner, or the inc?

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

If the contract was to paint the CFO's home and had nothing to do with the corporation, you would sue the CFO, otherwise sue the corporation (___ inc)

If the contract was to paint the CFO's home and had nothing to do with the corporation, you would sue the CFO, otherwise sue the corporation (___ inc)
can you tell me who to send the demand letter to? To the person who is supposed to be served (it is my understanding that every corporation has an officer for serving purposes)
or do I send the demand letter to the owner?
or to the CFO or originally signed the agreement?
or all of them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">