• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHY WOULD A NEWSPAPER DELIVERY SERVICE CONSTANTLY CHANGE ITS NAME via LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyber19583

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?NYS
work for a newspaper delivery service as an independent contractor
over the years the company has changed its name so many times that i have lost count
In fact, 1 year recently i had 3 or 4 different W2 forms at tax time
I count at least 8 to 10 LLC name changes always based in Suffolk County as the company's
distribution is via NYC proper Can someone explained the reasoning behind this situation AND in addition If
you miss a day as the Independent Contractor, upon your return you must sign a new internal company imposed
contract ( i guess it has to do with liability ) PLEASE ADVISE Thank you for your time and attention

Last edited:

justalayman

I can't explain the name changes but the fact they send you W2's shows they consider you an employee. Otherwise they would send you 1099misc.

cyber19583

LLC name changes

I can't explain the name changes but the fact they send you W2's shows they consider you an employee. Otherwise they would send you 1099misc.
thats my mistake they are 1099s
but i still suspect the constant LLC name changes
how can i find out further info on this matter
Thanks again

LdiJ

Thanks again
I can think of lots of different reasons, none of them good. However, why does it matter to you?

quincy

Thanks again
Are you sure it is the LLC that is changing names?

An LLC can own several different businesses operating under different trade names, and these trade names can change with frequency even when the name and ownership of the LLC hasn't changed.

LdiJ

Are you sure it is the LLC that is changing names?

An LLC can own several different businesses operating under different trade names, and these trade names can change with frequency even when the name and ownership of the LLC hasn't changed.
The different 1099s are an indication that a different entity is involved each time. The LLC isn't changing names but rather a new LLC is taking over each time it happens. The most innocent explanation would be that the business is getting sold/leased frequently because its not making enough or any profit so new owners are bailing quickly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">