• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won't sign a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmontilla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I entered into a contract with some people to sell them my mobile home park. They have not honored the contract. It was a lease with an option to purchase. I have offered to re-negotiate the contract with better terms and they have accepted with my lawyer and their lawyer present yet they still have not come to the table to sign a new contract. They are in possesion of the mobile home park, collecting rents for 4 months, but they are making sporadic and partial payments to me. What can I do to get them to sign a new contract and is there a way that I can do something like a cease and desist order to keep them from collecting more rents until this issue is resolved?

tranquility

You've got to sue on the only contract you do have at this time. (The first.) The choice of remedies will be up to you and your attorney.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I entered into a contract with some people to sell them my mobile home park. They have not honored the contract. It was a lease with an option to purchase. I have offered to re-negotiate the contract with better terms and they have accepted with my lawyer and their lawyer present yet they still have not come to the table to sign a new contract. They are in possesion of the mobile home park, collecting rents for 4 months, but they are making sporadic and partial payments to me. What can I do to get them to sign a new contract and is there a way that I can do something like a cease and desist order to keep them from collecting more rents until this issue is resolved?
**A: why are you not talking with your attorney about these problems?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">