• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work more than what the contract states without pay???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

want own biz

Illinois

I signed a contract in Illinois stating that the laws of Pennsylvania take effect for all legal items associated with the contract despite the fact that the work location is in Illinois.

The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that the Project Manager has specifically stated that I will only be permitted to charge 40 hours on the project even if I do work more than the 40 in order to win more work after the terms of the contract expire. Is this legal?

I have heard that it is illegal to tell anyone how many hours they choose to put down on their timesheet. Is this true?

Isis1

Illinois

I signed a contract in Illinois stating that the laws of Pennsylvania take effect for all legal items associated with the contract despite the fact that the work location is in Illinois.

The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that the Project Manager has specifically stated that I will only be permitted to charge 40 hours on the project even if I do work more than the 40 in order to win more work after the terms of the contract expire. Is this legal?

I have heard that it is illegal to tell anyone how many hours they choose to put down on their timesheet. Is this true?
is the company itself based in PA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">