• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

agent pays ernest money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oregon.

This is a serious question. Is it legal for a real estate agent to pay the ernest money for someone that is buying a home. I am wondering when we bought our house our agent paid the ernest money for us. I hate this house and never wanted it. the agent pressured my husband to make an offer. the reason i hate this house is because I am disabled and this house has stairs everwhere aven going in to the house and we told the agent that it had to be one level.

VeronicaLodge

put aside who put the earnest money down for a sec.

did you sign a contract to buy a house? if you did, why did you when it wouldnt meet your needs?

then did you go ahead and close on the house?

I was cut off from most of it by the agent. it was my moron of a husband who let the agent pressure him. right after the offer was accepted my husband told the agent that he did not want to buy the house because of my disabilities and it wouldn't work the agent really gotticked off and took my husband aside and talked to him alone. my husband told me that the agent threatened him with a lawsuit. when the day of closing came the agent called and told my husband i was not to attend the closing that i wasn't wanted there. my husband and i were trying to buy a house that was one level and because of that agent I cannot access half of the house because of stairs. i have fallen several times going in and out of the house because of those stairs. i am in the process now of getting a wheelchair. this was our first home purchase so we were green. another thing i thought odd was we didn't set the price of the offer, the agent did then he offered more that the seller was was asking for i feel like we got royally screwed and if i could i tell the agent take this house and shove it i would like to nail him

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">