• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying home from ex husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txlaciebear

We have been divorced almost 1 year... Judge issued him the home I signed paper to remove my name from the deed.He hasn't filed it yet. Now he wants to sell it back to me for equity in home and I assume notes, but I cannot refinance.Wants to leave in his name, I pay notes on equity and mortgage note. What would be the best forms to use for this?

HomeGuru

You best contact an attorney. It must be a clean sale. In other words, follow the divorce decree first by recording the Quit Claim deed. Then he can sell the property to you via an installment contract. If you are already on the mortgage, it may get a bit complicated as he would have to refinance to take you off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">