• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

talons

What is the name of your state? Washington

We recently backed out of a deal because we found the seller was using the green belt thats also a wet land behind the house and behind theneighbors as a dumping ground for years. There was not only yard waste but the refuse of at least two remodels, a fridge, hot water heater, etc.. The Real Estate agents response accused us of fraud and she threatened to "I will be making sure that at least the local Coldwell Banker Agents are aware of you." Is this slander? Libel? Is there anything I can do to protect myself from this? Should I get an attorney?
Thank you,
t

PghREA

talons said:

We recently backed out of a deal because we found the seller was using the green belt thats also a wet land behind the house and behind theneighbors as a dumping ground for years. There was not only yard waste but the refuse of at least two remodels, a fridge, hot water heater, etc.. The Real Estate agents response accused us of fraud and she threatened to "I will be making sure that at least the local Coldwell Banker Agents are aware of you." Is this slander? Libel? Is there anything I can do to protect myself from this? Should I get an attorney?Thank you,
t
Don't worry, if you buy another house and use a Coldwell Banker agent to write up the agreement and that agent thinks he can make a commission for the sale, it won't matter what the first Realtor said about you.

seniorjudge

talons said:

We recently backed out of a deal because we found the seller was using the green belt thats also a wet land behind the house and behind theneighbors as a dumping ground for years. There was not only yard waste but the refuse of at least two remodels, a fridge, hot water heater, etc.. The Real Estate agents response accused us of fraud and she threatened to "I will be making sure that at least the local Coldwell Banker Agents are aware of you." Is this slander? Libel? Is there anything I can do to protect myself from this? Should I get an attorney?
Thank you,
t
What is the dollar amount of damages you have suffered?

HomeGuru

talons said:

Thank you,
t

**A: document what the agents said and send a letter to the principal brokers, Board of Realtors and WA state real estate licensing office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">