• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a house owner financing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

menta81

i live in florida and about a year ago my wife and i found a mobile home and land that was owner financing. we got a lease with option to buy. after a year the lease was supposed to be made into a personal money mortgage between me and the owner. the owner sold the house and land to a new person. the new person has not yet done the persoanl mortgage with us. out lease is up but they say they are still going to owner finance us. i have put alot of money in to the mobile to remodle it. can they new owners evict us and not sell to us since out leaase expired a month ago and we have nothing stating the house is ours? i have the house insurance and everhting they aggrement called for and have not voided the lease. what can i do and where do i stand

FarmerJ

Go see a Attorney your going to need one any way to assist you with the contract for deed to the property If you buy it . dont waste too much time either have the attorney review all documents pertaining to the option to buy . ( My First Home was on what we call up here contract for deed , I had no realtor the seller did though, but the attorney I had got all the bases covered and made sure that everything was ok . It was some pf the best piece of mind money I ever spent . you wont regret it so go see a Attorney and talk about both Issues the option to buy and also to handle your purchase .)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">