• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a buyer sue a seller for backing out of a contract because of low appraisal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M.sam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I offered $350000 with a 100% USDA loan the appraisal came in $324000 now the seller want to put the house back in the market for conventional loan only i spent over $1000 on the appraisal and inspection.
can i get my money back if i take him to court?
Can i put the house of market ?I did not sign the cancellation yet

Thanks in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I offered $350000 with a 100% USDA loan the appraisal came in $324000 now the seller want to put the house back in the market for conventional loan only i spent over $1000 on the appraisal and inspection.

Thanks in advance
You will need to check your purchase agreement. If you are unsure, then consult with a local real-estate attorney.

John Se

Thanks in advance
You offered 350,000 which I assume the seller accepted. Your purchase contract likely has an appraisal/financing contingency. You will likely have five days to either waive the contingency, (or you put up the cash to make up the difference, or walk away, or try and renegotiate). Your 1000 is just the cost everybody bears when doing due diligence.

The seller is just jumping the gun, its your move, waive, walk or try and negotiate. Whatever the seller says means nothing whatever they put in writing means everything.

You have no grounds for recovery of your costs. Why is it the sellers problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">