• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancellation contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sun4me!

]What is the name of your state?ut
we have a contract to buy a home from a family member who did not want to use realtor, stupid mistake, i know.
before closing (FHA assumable), found undisclosed code violations/ building permit problems that were found after initial inspections and deadlines had now passed.
Seller has agreed to cancellation, will keep earnest money. Need verbage or direction to the correct legal form for cancellation of contract to include:
reason for cancellation, release of earnest money, release of all liability past and future for both parties. Thank you.

HomeGuru

sun4me! said:
]What is the name of your state?ut
we have a contract to buy a home from a family member who did not want to use realtor, stupid mistake, i know.
before closing (FHA assumable), found undisclosed code violations/ building permit problems that were found after initial inspections and deadlines had now passed.
Seller has agreed to cancellation, will keep earnest money. Need verbage or direction to the correct legal form for cancellation of contract to include:
reason for cancellation, release of earnest money, release of all liability past and future for both parties. Thank you.
**A: that's a job for a real estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">