• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim of damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

househelpneeded

Im from Minnesota. The house that i sold was thru a rain strom the day after the signing of the purchase agreement. The buyers claim that there is hail damage, known in the disclosure that the roof is 32 years old, so i call my insurace agent to have him come out and tell me if there is or is not hail damage from this strom. They sent me a check to replace the roof. With no house inspection done ever on the house pryor to closing. He had a contractor friend come out and look at the roof after closing, did not get up on the roof, because of snow now on the roof, said that because of the some small edges broken off the edge of the roof, there is hail damage. The estimate came up to the same amount as the insurance check. HELP

Last edited:

PghREA

househelpneeded said:
Im from Minnesota. The house that i sold was thru a rain strom the day after the signing of the purchase agreement. The buyers claim that there is hail damage, known in the disclosure that the roof is 32 years old, so i call my insurace agent to have him come out and tell me if there is or is not hail damage from this strom. They sent me a check to replace the roof. With no house inspection done ever on the house pryor to closing. He had a contractor friend come out and look at the roof after closing, did not get up on the roof, because of snow now on the roof, said that because of the some small edges broken off the edge of the roof, there is hail damage. The estimate came up to the same amount as the insurance check. HELP
What did you do with the check from the insurance company? Pocket it or did you replace the roof?

HomeGuru

househelpneeded said:

**A: why do you need help. You did write a check to the Buyer's for the same amount as you got from the insurance company correct?

househelpneeded

PghREA said:
What did you do with the check from the insurance company? Pocket it or did you replace the roof?
I still have the check, i didn't want a check, all i wanted was someone to say if there was damage or not. I should of had them call for a house inspection now looking back at it. there is no damage from that storm, not one of the neighbors around the house don't have damage either, this guy thinks since the houses 4 miles down the road have hail damage then he thinks does also.

HomeGuru

househelpneeded said:
I still have the check, i didn't want a check, all i wanted was someone to say if there was damage or not. I should of had them call for a house inspection now looking back at it. there is no damage from that storm, not one of the neighbors around the house don't have damage either, this guy thinks since the houses 4 miles down the road have hail damage then he thinks does also.
**A: what? Read your post again. Grammarhelpneeded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">