• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

closing date past can I cancel sale?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kenorma

What is the name of your state?Nm
We live in Tx but selling a house in NM. Closing date in contract stated 20 aug. but also says that if not closed by tha date than contract maybe cancelled. i know it is out of buyers control mortage co. in Fl. got hit by hurricane? Can I still back out. I suspect my agent and other agent have lied about the selling of my house just can't prove it. Agent has sent little paperwork. I do't even know what houseappraised for. THanks!

HomeGuru

kenorma said:
What is the name of your state?Nm
We live in Tx but selling a house in NM. Closing date in contract stated 20 aug. but also says that if not closed by tha date than contract maybe cancelled. i know it is out of buyers control mortage co. in Fl. got hit by hurricane? Can I still back out. I suspect my agent and other agent have lied about the selling of my house just can't prove it. Agent has sent little paperwork. I do't even know what houseappraised for. THanks!
**A: then talk to your agent's principal broker. A hurricane is a valid reason for delay.

K

kenorma

so basically I can't get out of the contract because money was held up by hurricane.

HomeGuru

kenorma said:
so basically I can't get out of the contract because money was held up by hurricane.
**A: no, it is the other way around. They can get an extension due to the hurricance.

K

kenorma

I am trying to get out of this contract. When we started negotiations the buyers asked if we could move up the closing date from the 30th as they were closing on there house on the 6th and wanted to move in as soon as possible. So we agreed to the 20th out of compassion. Only to see our house listed in the newspaper stating that it would be ready for rent on the 20th, never mind the fact that we would not even have the funds until the 25th. So someone lied to us!! To add insult to injury we had people show up to take a look at the house to rent on the 19th , again before we even closed!! I am so mad!!! Do we have any recourse what so ever? We can not void the contract without some legal problems?!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

kenorma said:
I am trying to get out of this contract. When we started negotiations the buyers asked if we could move up the closing date from the 30th as they were closing on there house on the 6th and wanted to move in as soon as possible. So we agreed to the 20th out of compassion. Only to see our house listed in the newspaper stating that it would be ready for rent on the 20th, never mind the fact that we would not even have the funds until the 25th. So someone lied to us!! To add insult to injury we had people show up to take a look at the house to rent on the 19th , again before we even closed!! I am so mad!!! Do we have any recourse what so ever? We can not void the contract without some legal problems?!
**A: have an attorney review your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">