• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delayed close of Escrow - lost loan documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmath333

What is the name of your state? California

The escrow officer lost my signed loan documents. I was not informed of the lost documents until one week later, when the escrow officer called me to see when I could get to her office to sign the new documents. Do I have a case (small claims) against the escrow officer for additional expenses incurred (boarding of 3 animals, rent, etc.) because close of escrow was delayed? Would it be professional malpractice or negligence?

Escrow officer is acted as notary for signature of loan documents. Though I asked her, she did not have me sign her log for the new documents, and she never provided me with a copy of the newly signed documents.

Since closing escrow, I have asked her twice for a copy of my loan documents. She stated that she would give me nothing without a court order!

Thanks!

nextwife

Sounds bizarre! You are entitled to a copy of any legal doc you sign. I cannot imagine a closer stating one needs a court order for that. Sounds like he/she's trying to cover their backsides about some screw-up.

Talk to the manager.

HomeGuru

dmath333 said:
What is the name of your state? California

The escrow officer lost my signed loan documents. I was not informed of the lost documents until one week later, when the escrow officer called me to see when I could get to her office to sign the new documents. Do I have a case (small claims) against the escrow officer for additional expenses incurred (boarding of 3 animals, rent, etc.) because close of escrow was delayed? Would it be professional malpractice or negligence?

Escrow officer is acted as notary for signature of loan documents. Though I asked her, she did not have me sign her log for the new documents, and she never provided me with a copy of the newly signed documents.

Since closing escrow, I have asked her twice for a copy of my loan documents. She stated that she would give me nothing without a court order!

Thanks!

**A: call the President of the company and also file a complaint with the state consumer protection office. This escrow person needs to be fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">