• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exterior Repairs Needed For Condo- who is responsible??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amoosa17

What is the name of your state? NJ

I am planning to purchase a condo and had an inspection done. The inspection noted that there were an abandoned oil tank, an unstable chimmey, and improper installing of the (interior) plumbing system. Because it is a six-unit condo, I feel that the seller should repair the defects or reduce the purchase price. I have a clause in the contract that states " if an structual defects or environmental contaminants are found...seller will notify the buyer whether or not seller will corect defects, remove containments...or the buyer may cancel this contract." Can I back out on the contract if the seller choses to do nothing? Is it the seller's responsibilty if the defects are in the common areas/exterior of the building?

Thank you.

HomeGuru

amoosa17 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I am planning to purchase a condo and had an inspection done. The inspection noted that there were an abandoned oil tank, an unstable chimmey, and improper installing of the (interior) plumbing system. Because it is a six-unit condo, I feel that the seller should repair the defects or reduce the purchase price. I have a clause in the contract that states " if an structual defects or environmental contaminants are found...seller will notify the buyer whether or not seller will corect defects, remove containments...or the buyer may cancel this contract." Can I back out on the contract if the seller choses to do nothing?

**A: yes, and you should.
Is it the seller's responsibilty if the defects are in the common areas/exterior of the building?

**A: no, but it is the Seller's responsibility to notify the HOA to repair such defects.

Thank you.
**A: welcome.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">