• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Pretences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chillmode77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Two neighbors Guy A and Guy B are selling their homes.
Guy A doesn't want compition, so he tells Guy B he is moving to the area.

Guy A gets his offer accepted by Guy B and asks for a 45 day inspection period.

40 days later, Guy A says he changed his mind and cancels the contract.

Guy B figures it out, is there any legal recourse?

chillmode77

Well. Yes there is.

They are different variations and I have yet to get the same answer for any of them on any site. It seems there are not a whole lot of people who understand the fraud involved and because of that, the scam exists.

Now, a smarty pants wants to cry that he saw my question to many times and had to waist 2 seconds of his time. Well, the scam waists months of time and very few give to turds.

Each has a strong case for specific performance or criminal fraud depending on the details, but it's hard to define the direction to proceed.

Thats where extra input helps. So, think of a solution or zip it.

Proserpina

They are different variations and I have yet to get the same answer for any of them on any site. It seems there are not a whole lot of people who understand the fraud involved and because of that, the scam exists.

Now, a smarty pants wants to cry that he saw my question to many times and had to waist 2 seconds of his time. Well, the scam waists months of time and very few give to turds.

Each has a strong case for specific performance or criminal fraud depending on the details, but it's hard to define the direction to proceed.

Thats where extra input helps. So, think of a solution or zip it.

...and you expect people to respond to that?

Not so much.

Perky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Two neighbors Guy A and Guy B are selling their homes. Say two neighbors, A and B, want to sell their homes.
Guy A doesn't want compition, so he tells Guy B he is moving to the area.
Neighbor A wants to eliminate his compitition.

So neighbor A lies to neighbor B, tells him he is looking to move into town.

Guy A gets his offer accepted by Guy B and asks for a 45 day inspection period.

40 days later, Guy A says he changed his mind and cancels the contract.
He gets an accepted contract for neighbor B's house, asks for a 45 day inspection period and instead of buying it he cancels before the inspection period ends.
Guy B figures it out, is there any legal recourse?
Is that legal, does neighbor B have any recourse?
I'm not seeing the variations.... oh wait, I get it! In the first story the characters' names are Neighbor A and Neighbor B, while in the second, they're called Guy A and Guy B. Yes, that's a profound difference that's sure to elicit very different responses. :rolleyes:

justalayman

I'm not seeing the variations.... oh wait, I get it! In the first story the characters' names are Neighbor A and Neighbor B, while in the second, they're called Guy A and Guy B. Yes, that's a profound difference that's sure to elicit very different responses. :rolleyes:
I love it!!!

hey chill, there are not variations of your situation so, that means this must be a hypothetical situation. Sorry, don't assist people with hypotheticals. It's hard enough to try to help people with situations with fixed facts. Since in a hypothetical there are no fixed facts, there is no real answer.

but an answer to all of your variations: a scam does not mean there is fraud (at least in the legal sense)

chillmode77

So the responses I recieved on another site were fixated on the inspection period. To avoid such fixation, I posted more information on the second post.

I failed to realize that there are a lot of people with to much time on there hands and not nearly as much with actual advice.

I figured that part out, thanks.

chillmode77

...and you expect people to respond to that?

Not so much.
Na. That was not intended to fetch a responce. In fact, it was designed to do quite the opposite.

Sort of just like this message. Frankly, I could give a darn if you respond or not. I wanted input on a real issue I'm dealing with and instead I got a bunch of idiots that want to point out that I posted a similar question previously.

chillmode77

I love it!!!

hey chill, there are not variations of your situation so, that means this must be a hypothetical situation. Sorry, don't assist people with hypotheticals. It's hard enough to try to help people with situations with fixed facts. Since in a hypothetical there are no fixed facts, there is no real answer.

but an answer to all of your variations: a scam does not mean there is fraud (at least in the legal sense)
Thanks for that. Hypothetically, if you were a douche - you may have answered that the exact same way. As it is, the situation is actually real, the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

All-in-all, it was a real stab in the dark to think I'd get any real advice. I got what I payed for, now go pat yourself on the back for showing a cyber-guy how to structure his questions on this site.

justalayman

Thanks for that. Hypothetically, if you were a douche - you may have answered that the exact same way. As it is, the situation i.
you have variations but the situation is real. I guess you not only believe in the multiverse but have the ability to live in at least 3 of them at the same time.

Remember, you are the one that said each of your posts had a different situation.

chillmode77

Free Advice

It would surely flip your lid if you saw what I posted on a different site

I posted the exact same scenario twice :eek:

Except in the first I was the seller, in the second I was the buyer.

It was worth it to see how very much troubble I was in as the buyer, and how very whiney I was as the seller. :confused:

The fact is, free advice seems to be worth what I payed for it. That seems to be the joy of typing responces to people who are most likely already moved way past this particular doubble post.

justalayman

if you aren't happy here, click the little X at the top right of your screen.

Do you want me to tell you what site that was? and no, it didn't flip my lid. I ignored it because I knew you had posted several different versions of your story here.

It was worth it to see how very much troubble I was in as the buyer, and how very whiney I was as the seller
I'll agree with the "whiney" regardless of what position you were in in your story.

Proserpina

I posted the exact same scenario twice :eek:

Except in the first I was the seller, in the second I was the buyer.

It was worth it to see how very much troubble I was in as the buyer, and how very whiney I was as the seller. :confused:

The fact is, free advice seems to be worth what I payed for it. That seems to be the joy of typing responces to people who are most likely already moved way past this particular doubble post.

Really, huh? Do you have any idea how many members cross-post?

Nah. Didn't think so.

*trouble
*paid
*responses
*double

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">