• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling threatened, please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaulB1979

Hi there. I am from Quebec, Canada. I know the laws differ quite alot, but I really need help from anyone who can give some. Please.

I went to see a house, and liked it alot. The agent came to my apt and told me that I had too sign a Promiss to Purchase before I go for a loan. I now know that he lied too me and took advantage of my being a first time buyer and me not knowing the laws. But I have my parents as witnesses to this which is a good thing for me.

Also, the agent did not fully tell me of everything about the house, he told me he just found out about the new problems, which i don't believe him for a minute and I refused to sign/accept these new problems. :mad: :eek:

In this promiss to purchase, It is clearly indicated upon acceptation of a loan from bank with a downpayment of 5%. I was refused by many banks for this downpayment of 5%. I was only able to be accepted for a mortgage with a downpayment of 10%. I told the bank, it might be possible, but I doubt I could afford it. I called the next day and told my bank to cancel since I could not afford 10%. The agent from the bank faxed the documents concerning the 10% to the agent but I signed nothing, hense I did not accept it. My mother also signed a document saying she would loan me the 5%, but did not sign anything about the 10% either. By the way, this promiss of purchase was signed on November 16, 2004.

Now this is my big problem:

The agent has called me 2-3 times now, threatening me, that If I do not continue with the promiss to purchase with the 10% downpayment that He and his Boss will bring me to court and sue me.
I was told by my bank that since I cancelled the mortgage loan, and my mother did not accept to sign the document for the 10% downpayment, that the current promiss to purchase is void and null. Also the agent an I have never re-written another contract for the 10% which I refused and cancelled.
But today the agent STILL claims the same thing, and threatened me again saying the same as above. :mad:

Is this guy right? Can he really sue me? What are my rights here? What should I do? Help!? :confused:

Thank you to anyone who helps. :)

PaulB1979 :eek:

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

I thought the government of Québec protected all of its citizens' rights...except, of course, those who speak English!? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">