• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Time Buyer...Need Advice (Inspection)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

q4life

NY
We're getting the house we're interessted in inspected tomorrow. The thing is that my realtor said that the listing agent wants to be there also.???? We're paying for this information. I'm not sure why he wants to be there. i've told this to my realtor and she said she'd ask him to keep to the side....but something doesn't sound right. Any ideas? Should i ask him to pay part of it if he starts asking the engineer questions?:confused:

HomeGuru

q4life said:
NY
We're getting the house we're interessted in inspected tomorrow. The thing is that my realtor said that the listing agent wants to be there also.???? We're paying for this information. I'm not sure why he wants to be there. i've told this to my realtor and she said she'd ask him to keep to the side....but something doesn't sound right. Any ideas? Should i ask him to pay part of it if he starts asking the engineer questions?:confused:
**A: no, you instruct the engineer to deal with only you and your Realtor.

PghREA

Back in the "old days" before seller's disclosures and Buyer Agency, it was not unusal for the seller's Realtor to be at a Home Inspection. Today, it is not a good idea for the Realtor to be there. It is possible that the seller requested his agent to be present in which case the agent will stay out of you way and do paperwork or read a book. Don't panic, your agent can handle him.

q4life

If he stays out of the way that is fine. The one thing that I will be upset over is if he starts asking my engineer questions. If he wants to know more about the house then he should have had it inspected himself. I dont appreciate him trying to hustle in on my inspection.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
q4life said:
If he stays out of the way that is fine. The one thing that I will be upset over is if he starts asking my engineer questions. If he wants to know more about the house then he should have had it inspected himself. I dont appreciate him trying to hustle in on my inspection.
It could be just as simple as the seller wants to protect his property by having his agent there. There was another post on here about an inspection in which the inspector broke cabinets and caused damage to the house. Any seller I think would want to have someone at their property protecting their interests when it is being inspected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">