• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

freeloading girl friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vancemo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Two years ago I purchased a house my girlfriend gave me some money on the down payment this money was recorded as a gift. She was to pay half of the mortgage but has failed to do so, her name is not on the title. She is also driving a van that is in my name that she was to make the payments but refuses to make knowing that I will make them to protect my credit rating. Yes I know I was way past stupid. It's time to end this freeloading relationship. Can I tell her to leave and return the money used in the down payment.? What can I do about the Van? What are my options?

K

krispenstpeter

Well, a few facts might be helpful.

Like, whos name is on the title of the van and if both, HOW are they listed?

As for the house, evict her according to California L/T laws. Or just tell her to get her freeloading ass out and if she doesn't, THEN evict her.

HomeGuru

vancemo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Two years ago I purchased a house my girlfriend gave me some money on the down payment this money was recorded as a gift. She was to pay half of the mortgage but has failed to do so, her name is not on the title. She is also driving a van that is in my name that she was to make the payments but refuses to make knowing that I will make them to protect my credit rating. Yes I know I was way past stupid. It's time to end this freeloading relationship. Can I tell her to leave and return the money used in the down payment.?

**A: yes, but follow the CA Civil Code since she is a month to month tenant.

What can I do about the Van? What are my options?

**A: look at the title of this forum. Vans are not considered homes unless when you kick her ass out she will live in the van. Then it will be a true mobile home.

V

vancemo

Freeloading girlfriend

California.
My name is the only name on both house and van. If credit was water she could not get a sip.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">