• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Promissory Note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cappy79999

What is the name of your state? Texas

My Ex Daughter In law insisted on buying a house from me that i was letting her live in Rent free.... no obligation to pay rent she could live there as long as she wanted rent free but she said it was not hers and she was afraid her ex would harass her and she could do nothing about it I assured her she could have him arrested for tresspassing if he did. to make a long story short she wanted payments once a year instead of every month ( said she would pay with income tax refund ) so we agreed to do this type of payment. 1st payment was not made it is now 4 months late

then She then gets arrested for robbing her ex husbands home twice ( she admitted to doing this ) . She then gets married to a young man in another state ( she is 33 he is 18 ) . she left the home left all her things in it. From what we can tell took only clothes for all 3 kids and her. Told his CO ( he is in army ) that her house was lost to tornado and needs help ( of course he got hold of me found out this was a lie ) she left dogs there that i am feeding ( 4 of them ) 2 cats in house i had to let them out. her bond was forfieted due to fact she lied to her bond company about where and what state she was going to ( told them she was going to visit in VA and left address but ended up never going there and went to ft sill, OK got married and he is supposed to go overseas to Europe or somewhere ) sorry trying to paint picture of this girl. Boy she married has 19 hot checks in this county and warrents out for him ( Over 13,000.00 in check not including fines ) he is in AIT in milatary now will graduate in 4 weeks. we finally found out from his brother that they had this planned for a while and that he joined military thinking he would not get arrested for hot checks so he wrote a lot of them before he left to go in army ( checks were written for things like tires...diamond ring for her...guns.. ect ) . we assume she is with him to go overseas to beat her charges against her. They have felony warrants out for her now.

Anyways we had agreement to where she could buy the house and 3 acres of property and we just had a simple Promissory note agreement. Nothing was ever filed with the county as far as her buying it or being owner ( i still paid taxes on it and home ) I really did not want to sell it to her and did not mind her staying there as long as needed because of grandkids. But now we have no address or contact with her ( except for cell phone she will not answer ) now home is sitting there and need to do something with it. she told us she is Never coming back ( she did call once ) ....what can i do ? she has been gone 2 months now and I am not sure what to do ?.....Promissory states that if she defaults then we can Declare the unpaid balance due Immediatly... but she refuses to give us an address and will not return calls......any advice would be Greatly AppreciatedWhat is the name of your state?

lcannister

Despite a Promissory Note she was still a glorified renter because you never put the home or legal agreement (IF there was one) in her name.

See an Atty who can view the contents of that note and advise you appropriately.

LindaP777

Has she had her mail forwarded?
You can leave an eviction notice on the door and proceed with eviction. If you have never done it, hire a local attorney to do it for you. It shouldn't be that expensive.

Cappy79999

She is having her mail held at post office...we know what town she is in but no actual address. talked with our postal carrier and she said that she had a call from her just asking her to hold her mail and not forward it....i am sure she is afraid someone will get her address.....will proceed with eviction....seems best thing to do is give her notice that note is due in full before 30 days is up and then 30 days to evict her**************thanks for advice

sweetsoo

Your options

I can see only two options at this point.

foreclose on the property, or sell your note.

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to sell the property, foreclose. If you just want cash for your note, sell your note.

I help people who own real estate notes find buyers. So feel free to contact me if you wish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">