• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a home to close in a timely manner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stormyeagle

california. i am a buyer and i have been in escrow since february of 2001. closing date was supposed to be april 25 2001. we love this home and do not want to back out. how can we get the sellers agent to move faster on making the repairs on the home so we can close.

S

stormyeagle

How do i get a home to close in a timely manner?

Yes we do have a real estate agent

S

stormyeagle

everything that he possibly can. He has exhausted all avenues. we need some fresh ideas.

HomeGuru

Sorry, I don't believe you.

What has this agent done for the past 4 months?

Did the agent read the contract and send the listing agent certified letters referencing the applicable sections of the purchase contract?
Did the agent talk with his principal broker to see how to move closing?
Did the agent schedule a meeting beteeen you and his principal broker to discuss this matter?
Did the agent seek legal advice from the firm's legal counsel?
Did the agent advise you to seek your own legal counsel?
Did the agent request a timeline as to removal of contingencies in the purchase contract?
Did the agent get a list of contractors (from the listing agent) who are doing the repair work?
Did the agent call these contractors and get a timeline from them as to date of completion of the work? And has your agent been calling these contractors?
Did your agent give you this contractor list and timeline?
I could go on but I'd rather not.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 07-29-2001 at 02:08 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">