• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I sell my portion of real estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msprofit

What is the name of your state? SC

My father purchased a home for me and my brother 20 years ago. My brother and I hate each other from our youth and never communicate. At this time, I am in a really horrible financial situation. Due to my financial status, I don't have the money to sue my brother for this property even if I wanted to. Nonetheless... I am curious... would it be possible for me to sell my half of the property? If so, how long would this transaction take?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

msprofit said:
What is the name of your state? SC

My father purchased a home for me and my brother 20 years ago. My brother and I hate each other from our youth and never communicate. At this time, I am in a really horrible financial situation. Due to my financial status, I don't have the money to sue my brother for this property even if I wanted to. Nonetheless... I am curious... would it be possible for me to sell my half of the property?

**A: yes, but who would buy one half of a property?

If so, how long would this transaction take?

**A: unable to even take a wild guess.

M

msprofit

HomeGuru - Thanks for your reply. Due to limited space, I neglected to mention that there is a developer who is desperate for this piece of property. So desperate to the fact that he actually added a clause to the last Buyer/Seller Contract, that if only one of us was interested in selling the land, the interested party would agree to sue the other sibling just so that he would get the property at the amount he was interested in purchasing for! Can you believe that?! As much as I hate my brother, I hated the fact that this man would be so rude! But...thanks again for the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">