• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long to process a quit claim deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Analysis

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I live in and own a house in California that I would like to quit claim to my son. In turn, he would like to take out an equity loan ASAP. How long after filing the quit claim does it take before he can apply for the equity loan?

HomeGuru

Analysis said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I live in and own a house in California that I would like to quit claim to my son. In turn, he would like to take out an equity loan ASAP. How long after filing the quit claim does it take before he can apply for the equity loan?

**A: it depends on the requirements of the lender. Some want seasoning.
You may need to add him on title with you, and both of you apply for the HELOC.

nextwife

Also, without knowing how long the "recording gap" may be at that particular county RODs office, it is hard to know how long after recording a "search of the records" would reveal the deed. So, I'd suggest he personally deliver the deed for recording and obtain a certified copy at that time with the recording data- or have a local title company do a courtesy recording that can be tracked.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">