• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kick Out Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

realestate?

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

:eek: We have a contract on a house with a contingency to sell our house. There was another offer on the house on Monday at 3:00. They faxed the contract to my real estate agent's office. My real estate agent did not get the information (due to cell phone problems/working part time as real estate agent) until Wednesday at 12 (noon). The seller's agent said it was too bad that our time was up at 3:00 on Wednesday. We supposedly have lost the house, but do not feel we had 48 hours to respond. We only had 3 hours. What steps do we need to take?

The contract says the buyer or buyer's agent has to be notified. Is the buyer's agent the real estate office, or the actual agent?

Thanks for your help!

Daniel M.

realestate? said:

:eek: We have a contract on a house with a contingency to sell our house. There was another offer on the house on Monday at 3:00. They faxed the contract to my real estate agent's office. My real estate agent did not get the information (due to cell phone problems/working part time as real estate agent) until Wednesday at 12 (noon). The seller's agent said it was too bad that our time was up at 3:00 on Wednesday. We supposedly have lost the house, but do not feel we had 48 hours to respond. We only had 3 hours. What steps do we need to take?

The contract says the buyer or buyer's agent has to be notified. Is the buyer's agent the real estate office, or the actual agent?

Thanks for your help!
Usually it is the place of business ie. the office. Read your contingency agreement it usually is very specific about these notifications, eg. phone the other agent and deliver a notice (by hand or fax).

I think you should start looking for another house.

Dan

HomeGuru

realestate? said:

**A: none as you have no contract.

Thanks for your help!
**A: either or.

realestate?

The contract is not specific on how we are to be notified. The contract only says the buyer or buyer's agent is to be notified.

Thanks for your response.

HomeGuru

realestate? said:
The contract is not specific on how we are to be notified. The contract only says the buyer or buyer's agent is to be notified.

Thanks for your response.

**A: generally, a contract faxed or hand delivered delivered to the real estate office constitutes delivery, starting the contingency period.
It should be SOP that the brokerage office contacts the agent immediately with respect to contracts etc. for immediate pick-up. Both the agent and the brokerage office messed up big time.

BradleyS

I am not aware of your state law, but my "opinion" is that your agent should HAVE to be notifed by the Seller's Agent personally, by direct communication.

I got into a law suit a while back, and one of my agents did not directly communicate to the Buyer that a Seller signed a purchase contract and the court said the contract was not enforceable.

So, even though the brokerage may have received the addendum, the 48 hours should not begin until YOU personally receive the addendum. Just because the brokerage has receipt, they are not a principal in the transaction.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">