• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land Contract home in foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maddielb

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am purchasing a home on a registered land contract and the owners filed bankruptcy on 9/23/02. They are not going to reaffirm on the house, so it will go into foreclosure. I am wondering what to do at this point. The land contract is up in Feb. 2003 and at that time, I was supposed to get a mortgage, which I planned to do. I would be willing to assume the existing mortgage, but am unsure how to proceed at this point. Please advise. Thanks.

HomeGuru

maddielb said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am purchasing a home on a registered land contract and the owners filed bankruptcy on 9/23/02. They are not going to reaffirm on the house, so it will go into foreclosure. I am wondering what to do at this point. The land contract is up in Feb. 2003 and at that time, I was supposed to get a mortgage, which I planned to do. I would be willing to assume the existing mortgage, but am unsure how to proceed at this point. Please advise. Thanks.

**A: contact the mortgage lender and tell them you want to buy the property via an assumption of the mortgage or obtaining a new mortgage. Do it right away before the foreclosure proceeds.

BrokerRE

You should follow HomeGuru's advice, it's right on the money.

Hopefully the balance of the mortgage does not exceed the balance you owe on your land contract.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">