• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lien on House?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dianabee

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi, My Mother in law has a problem with her son who might have been using her name for credit. She is getting a credit report. My question is, if there is a lien on her house would it show up on her credit report? If not, is there a way to find out if there is a lien on her house without using a lawyer.
thank you
dianabee

HomeGuru

dianabee said:
What is the name of your state? NY
Hi, My Mother in law has a problem with her son who might have been using her name for credit. She is getting a credit report. My question is, if there is a lien on her house would it show up on her credit report? If not, is there a way to find out if there is a lien on her house without using a lawyer.
thank you
dianabee
**A: get a title report from a title company.

D

dianabee

title report ok

Hi, I will tell her that is what she needs to do. I am hoping the credit report will show if there is a problem.
thank you
dianabee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">