• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother selling home to daughter in new york

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nymortgageguy

What is the name of your state? New York

I have a situation that seems simple on the surface but my mortgage firm is making it complicated. I have client who's father and mother are selling the house to her in a gift to equity transfer. The parents are in florida and the daughter is in New York.

My question is in New York does an attorney have to sign a contract in order for it to be legal?

How much should they pay an attorney to review a contract if people buying and selling a home don't opt not to use an attorney for closing?

Should the title company doing the closing be able to provide an attorney?

You Are Guilty

nymortgageguy said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I have a situation that seems simple on the surface but my mortgage firm is making it complicated. I have client who's father and mother are selling the house to her in a gift to equity transfer. The parents are in florida and the daughter is in New York.

My question is in New York does an attorney have to sign a contract in order for it to be legal?
Well, no attorney "has" to sign a sale contract, but it's a very bad idea to go through with the transcation without legal oversight of some sort.

nymortgageguy said:
How much should they pay an attorney to review a contract if people buying and selling a home don't opt not to use an attorney for closing?
Call around and ask for rates. You'll likely get quoted an hourly, but ask if they'll do a flat fee instead.

nymortgageguy said:
Should the title company doing the closing be able to provide an attorney?
I am 100% sure they will happily and gladly recommend someone if asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">