• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Home Owners association is after me ..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

callowman

HI im in Orlando,FL area
we closed on our house labor day weekend 2003(Built for us )
everything is fiine except our HOA management company told us (and it IS true) but we didnt know it that our title company never got the HOA
fees from the developer while under construction , and is now saying its my debt (we are talking 3-400 bucks)
I know IM responsible for all HOA fees after I sign on the dotted line , but can he say the debt is mine for fees while the house was under construction?

and should it be me that goes to the title company to ask the developer to pay the money or wouldnt it be easier for the HOA company to just forward the closing statement to the deveolper and ask them for the money they should of paid?

Am I legally responsible for this money??
help !

nextwife

Have you reviewed your purchase contract to see what was agreed regarding HOA fees during the construction period?

HomeGuru

callowman said:
HI im in Orlando,FL area
we closed on our house labor day weekend 2003(Built for us )
everything is fiine except our HOA management company told us (and it IS true) but we didnt know it that our title company never got the HOA
fees from the developer while under construction , and is now saying its my debt (we are talking 3-400 bucks)
I know IM responsible for all HOA fees after I sign on the dotted line , but can he say the debt is mine for fees while the house was under construction?

and should it be me that goes to the title company to ask the developer to pay the money or wouldnt it be easier for the HOA company to just forward the closing statement to the deveolper and ask them for the money they should of paid?

Am I legally responsible for this money??
help !
**A: the developer should pay the fees as they were the owner during such time.

nextwife

But I have seen many condo and new home development purchase contracts that include preprinted language that has the buyer assuming responsibilty for certain costs that would normally be paid by seller. Which is why I asked, because in my work I deal with many new developments and know that sometimes there is included preset language that dumps certain costs on the buyer.

HomeGuru

nextwife said:
But I have seen many condo and new home development purchase contracts that include preprinted language that has the buyer assuming responsibilty for certain costs that would normally be paid by seller. Which is why I asked, because in my work I deal with many new developments and know that sometimes there is included preset language that dumps certain costs on the buyer.
**A: that's correct so let's see what the writer responds back with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">