• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My house is a lemon - need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Running Deer

I live in Oklahoma.
I recently purchased a home that passed all inspections. Now that I am in the home I am finding all sorts of issues. I have a mildew problem in my bathroom drain. My spare bath toilet has leaked and ruined my wood floors and the plumbers are saying it is from preexisting damage. My family is getting sick from something in the air . My master bedroom does not cool down when running the air conditioner. My outside faucet does not work (it did on inspection, but not when I took posession. I was promised an appliance that was "accidentally" given away which I discovered upon taking posession. To top off everything, my brick mailbox was destroyed before closing and is still not repaired.

What are my rights and options?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I live in Oklahoma.
I recently purchased a home that passed all inspections. Now that I am in the home I am finding all sorts of issues. I have a mildew problem in my bathroom drain. My spare bath toilet has leaked and ruined my wood floors and the plumbers are saying it is from preexisting damage. My family is getting sick from something in the air . My master bedroom does not cool down when running the air conditioner. My outside faucet does not work (it did on inspection, but not when I took posession. I was promised an appliance that was "accidentally" given away which I discovered upon taking posession. To top off everything, my brick mailbox was destroyed before closing and is still not repaired.

Did you personally pay for your own home inspection? Did you purchase a warranty?

Running Deer

yes, i paid for the inspection. Yes, I have a home warranty and used it. plumbers came out, now insurance says it is preexisting and is not covered. Also, wood floors damaged are not covered.

HomeGuru

I live in Oklahoma.

**A: did you get a home inspection prior to closing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">