• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with this asap!!! Living in motel!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caeleem

Indiana!

We moved here from Virginia after having met a women who sold us a house she supposedly bought at a tax auction. After having been living in a motel for a week, we find out that the house we bought is unlivable. After further investigation we find out that the woman who sold us the house on May 13, 2011 did not own the house when she sold it to us. She drafted up an agreement which she and my husband signed and had notarized stating that she would have the deed to us in thirty days as of May 13th. Here it is June 24th and there is no deed. We have tried to contact her and she has told us she is sending it on three separate occasions and it has yet to come. The mayor of the town told us that we needed to speak with the chief of police and the chief of police says that she has done nothing illegal. Didn't she sell us this house under fraudulent claims? Can we get her to pay for the house to be fixed and livable or at least get our money back? Someone please help me!!! I have myself, my husband, my two children and my daughter, her fiance and their two children living in a motel and am very quickly running out of money. We will be on the street very soon! Is there ANYTHING I can do!? Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

I know this is not the advice you wanted considering that you came to a site entitled "Free Advice", but, unfortunately, it is time for you to retain an attorney to obtain what you seek.

nextwife

With such a huge inventory of homes available in the marketplace that one can see and have inspected BEFORE buying, why would you buy sight unseen? And why would you buy witghout going through a established, reputable third party closing agent, like a title company WITH title insurance? Was this auction sheriff's sale?

WE have no idea what representations were made and you do need an attorney. A home bought at auction is, by nature, an unknown. I work at a bank, and we buy at Sheriff's Sale all the time (buy as primary or secondary lienholder) , and some of these homes are disgusting trashed, dirty, vile, horrible stinky hovels. WE get them trashed out, cleaned up and redone, and then they are habitable. And sometimes we walk away from our mortgages because they have trashed the place so badly taking it back would lose more money than walking. But many auction houses require financial outlay to become habitable.

That is what happens when you buy unseen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">