• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help and guidance for Real Estate Investing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony_9b7

What is the name of your state? us
I am looking for some help and guidance to learn about Real Estate Investing. I need something that will walk me step by step through investing in Real Estate. I have read a few books and attended a few seminars on the matter but they are not what I am looking for. I am specifically looking for a product or a trainer that will tell me my options on where to find the deals and how to obtain the money to do deals or if have to put money down at all, etc.
Thanks

LindaP777

I am looking for some help and guidance to learn about Real Estate Investing. I need something that will walk me step by step through investing in Real Estate. I have read a few books and attended a few seminars on the matter but they are not what I am looking for. I am specifically looking for a product or a trainer that will tell me my options on where to find the deals and how to obtain the money to do deals or if have to put money down at all, etc.
Thanks
I'd be glad to hold your hand through the whole process and show you step by step exactly what you need to do and which houses are good deals and who the best lenders are. I've been a real estate investor for 8 years, and own over $2mil worth of real estate and sold $2mil more.
What type of payment would you like to set up to me? Cash or credit? And can I assume you'll be flying me to the location to scout out houses for you and talk to lenders?

Last edited:

nextwife

Thanks
You've gotta crawl before you can walk. Do you have any experience with real estate at all? Are you a homeowner?

Do NOT expect to start investing in real estate with no money, no matter what these seminars tell you.

lcannister

no matter what these seminars tell you.
THANK YOU!

And OP before believing tales of fortunes in these kinds of endeavors through the TV/book/video scams (which is where the real money is) ask the person to show you their financial statements. That is the proof of these tall tales not someone telling you they are rich doing this.

Oh, to be sure you can make money in real estate but as nextwife states you gotta' start at the bottom and work your way up and it rarely happens overnight!

LindaP777

And OP before believing tales of fortunes in these kinds of endeavors through the TV/book/video scams (which is where the real money is) ask the person to show you their financial statements. That is the proof of these tall tales not someone telling you they are rich doing this.

You know, lcannister, I hope you are not referring to me, yet again. You've been hurling these insults for weeks, trying to discredit me. At first, I wanted to believe it was not directed at me, but you keep posting these derogatory comments every time I tell someone I'm a LL or a real estate investor. (I'm one of Carleton Sheets "million dollar students" and I'm on his infomercials and his instructional tapes. His program is real and I've met dozens of people at the tapings that have used his system successfully.). I'm not a fraud, I'm not a fake and I want your insults to stop. To shut you up once and for all, I'll fax you proof. Tell me what you want and give me your fax number. Is a bank statement OK to show you my rental income?. Or would you prefer HUD statements showing the cash back at closing on a purchase.
Moron. Now shut the !@#$ up and get off my back!

Last edited:

danno6925

Those who believe you cannot obtain 100% financing for investment properties are in the dark. It can be done, but you will definitely pay a much higher rate of interest and you will be qualified under tighter underwriting guidelines. Just my .02

LindaP777

Those who believe you cannot obtain 100% financing for investment properties are in the dark. It can be done, but you will definitely pay a much higher rate of interest and you will be qualified under tighter underwriting guidelines. Just my .02
On the properties I buy with no money down (or cash back at closing), I have an adjustable rate (prime plus 1%). I only use these for short term purchases - just properties I plan to flip. For the properties I want to keep for rentals, I do put 20% down and get a fixed, 25-30 year loan. The bank gives me a a mortgage for each individual property, based on 80% of the appraised value (not the purchase price). It is not a line of credit at closing of each house, but a mortage, although I have been "pre-approved" for a "line of credit" with the bank for a certain amount, so I go into the purchase knowing the bank will loan me the money.

Last edited:

nextwife

On the properties I buy with no money down (or cash back at closing), I have an adjustable rate (prime plus 1%). I only use these for short term purchases - just properties I plan to flip. For the properties I want to keep for rentals, I do put 20% down and get a fixed, 25-30 year loan.
Using a line of credit is STILL coming in with money.

And if one buys properties with Due on Transfer's without paying off the underlying loan, they are encouraging the seller to violate the mortgage agreement they entered into when the mortgage company granted the loan. An owner has no RIGHT to transfer a property that has a mortgage with a Due on Transfer clause unless they first obtain lender permission.

BelizeBreeze

Children, do you really want to spend time in the naughty chair?

The only answer to the ORIGINAL post is we do not represent from this forum...

If the poster wants someone to walk them through the process as a learning experience, then they need to find someone in their local area to act as a tutor. PERIOD!

LindaP777

Sorry, BB, you are right.
My apologies to the OP and the members of the forum. :( (Walking away with head bowed and tail tucked between my legs in shame . . .)

but . . .

Still willing to provide lcannister with what he/she needs to get them off my case . . .

(as I mumble over my shoulder, kicking the dust as I walk away . . .)

Last edited:

lcannister

You know, lcannister, I hope you are not referring to me, yet again. You've been hurling these insults for weeks, trying to discredit me. At first, I wanted to believe it was not directed at me, but you keep posting these derogatory comments every time I tell someone I'm a LL or a real estate investor. (I'm one of Carleton Sheets "million dollar students" and I'm on his infomercials and his instructional tapes. His program is real and I've met dozens of people at the tapings that have used his system successfully.). I'm not a fraud, I'm not a fake and I want your insults to stop. To shut you up once and for all, I'll fax you proof. Tell me what you want and give me your fax number. Is a bank statement OK to show you my rental income?. Or would you prefer HUD statements showing the cash back at closing on a purchase.
Moron. Now shut the !@#$ up and get off my back!
WoW sorry you feel I am discussing you but I am stating facts about all the TV, ads, infomercials, books, videos that are put out by the scam artists out there. Why would I care one way or the other about you and your portfolio? Get a grip!

lcannister

Still willing to provide lcannister with what he/she needs to get them off my case . . .

For the record and so you do not get offended I will continue to warn people against get rich quick realestate endeavors and it has never nor will it in the future have anything to do with you.

kobe9820

Re : Need Help and guidance for Real Estate Investing

I have been I this business for a few years and I started by reading the information listed on a site called reiconferences.com It will take you a while to go through but it’s worth it.

The trainer on this site is Charrissa Cawley (Not sure about the spelling of her name?) I attended one of their wealth camps and was blown away . I bought the building wealth system off that site when I was looking to get started and did my first deal within 2 months. I have referred several friends of mine to this site since. It’s one of the only training program where I have been able to find “REAL “ information instead of just fluff…
Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">