• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing legal advice for a home in Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John_Henry

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I'm posting this for a friend before they go off and seek any actual legal action over this matter. If I have posted this in the wrong section could someone please point me to where I should post this.

Recently a family member of their's died, and the house was to be put up for sale. _ This person spent over a week cleaning and fixing items in the house before it was to be put up for sale.

________The house has a fair market value of $90,000 and is now being sold to a family member for $60,000. Not all the relatives involved agree that the house should be sold for such a low price below the fair market value. Would they be able to contest this in a court of law to up the purchasing price, or to stop family members from purchasing the home all together?

Now back to all the fixing up done to the home. It was agreed that time and money spent during fixing this house up would be paid to this person upon sale of the home. ( I have no idea at this time if this is a verbal agreement or if it is in writing. Plus no set amount was determined for what the price of the bill will be. )
________For figuring this out would they be able to bill for what each thing done would cost to have a pro come in and do it? I'll just put down what they did that I know of at least .
1. Pulled all carpeting upstairs, and painted all the floors underneath the carpeting.
2. Took out the toilet, and installed a brand new one.
3. Painted some walls, and washed all walls in the house. Total time of work involved was around 120 to 130 hours of work.
I don't know the whole story on this, but it's one of those family matters that that has turned very ugly. Like I said above I'm just trying to help them get some advice from ppl that are not involved within the whoe family issue.

______The only advice I was able to give them was for what a contractor would charge for the fixing up. ( I'm not a contractor, but have many friends who work in the areas mentioned above.)
Any input anyone could give me for them would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

John_Henry said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I'm posting this for a friend before they go off and seek any actual legal action over this matter. If I have posted this in the wrong section could someone please point me to where I should post this.

Recently a family member of their's died, and the house was to be put up for sale. _ This person spent over a week cleaning and fixing items in the house before it was to be put up for sale.

________The house has a fair market value of $90,000 and is now being sold to a family member for $60,000. Not all the relatives involved agree that the house should be sold for such a low price below the fair market value. Would they be able to contest this in a court of law to up the purchasing price, or to stop family members from purchasing the home all together?

**A: have him litigate in probate court.

Now back to all the fixing up done to the home. It was agreed that time and money spent during fixing this house up would be paid to this person upon sale of the home. ( I have no idea at this time if this is a verbal agreement or if it is in writing. Plus no set amount was determined for what the price of the bill will be. )
________For figuring this out would they be able to bill for what each thing done would cost to have a pro come in and do it? I'll just put down what they did that I know of at least .
1. Pulled all carpeting upstairs, and painted all the floors underneath the carpeting.
2. Took out the toilet, and installed a brand new one.
3. Painted some walls, and washed all walls in the house. Total time of work involved was around 120 to 130 hours of work.
I don't know the whole story on this, but it's one of those family matters that that has turned very ugly. Like I said above I'm just trying to help them get some advice from ppl that are not involved within the whoe family issue.

______The only advice I was able to give them was for what a contractor would charge for the fixing up. ( I'm not a contractor, but have many friends who work in the areas mentioned above.)
Any input anyone could give me for them would be appreciated.

**A: and have him submit his invoices and request payment to the probate court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">