• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New house has back yard flooding, problems with a possible water leak

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aruray

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

We bought a house on 11/09. Sure enough problems surface less than a month after. A day of rain filled up our back yard like a pool, at least 2-4 inches of water. It took a good 3 days before the water was completely gone. Now every time it rains we always have almost the entire back yard under water. This was not disclosed to us. Construction on the house started early 2008 the most. The building behind our house which sits on higher ground seems to be the cause of problems, which also happens to be owned by the same person I bough the house from. The seller must have liability on fixing our problems since it was not disclosed and his building is causing the flooding. I just dont know how to get the seller involved. My realtor has not been very helpful.

Also, we have noticed uneven lines in our living room ceiling that look like water leak marks. We noticed this on moving day. This was not picked up by the home inspector. What is the seller's liability here? and the home inspector?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

We bought a house on 11/09. Sure enough problems surface less than a month after. A day of rain filled up our back yard like a pool, at least 2-4 inches of water. It took a good 3 days before the water was completely gone. Now every time it rains we always have almost the entire back yard under water. This was not disclosed to us. Construction on the house started early 2008 the most. The building behind our house which sits on higher ground seems to be the cause of problems, which also happens to be owned by the same person I bough the house from. The seller must have liability on fixing our problems since it was not disclosed and his building is causing the flooding. I just dont know how to get the seller involved. My realtor has not been very helpful.

Also, we have noticed uneven lines in our living room ceiling that look like water leak marks. We noticed this on moving day. This was not picked up by the home inspector. What is the seller's liability here? and the home inspector?
**A: so where is your Realtor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">