• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NOT DISCLOSED - HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rebar1

Bought a house here in Maine within 30 days ago. The seller did not disclose that in the garage on the 1st floor that water leaks down to the basement. We are talking about a pitcher of water worth that comes off my car from a bit of snow, is seeping down to the basement! The water isn't sitting in a pool there for some time...it immediately seeps and the insulation and wiring is wet!!!
Help - what recourse do we have and what steps do we need to follow.

I want this fixed! It's not like I bought the house knowing this!

D

David J. Miller

You have several options which all include contacting either the seller, real estate agent or an attorney or better yet all three.

I have had success and know others who have had success working out an out of court settlement with the sellers rather than jumping the gun and hiring an attorney right off the bat. Sellers often times will appreciate your up frontedness and will usually agree to settle. If they don't you still have the option of contacting an attorney and sueing.

The seller is required by law to disclose all material facts.

R

rebar1

Thank you David!

Anyone else...please reply with your input~

HomeGuru

Do a search on this website using search words seller disclosure.
Then if you still have questions, please post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">