• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Using Name On Deed To Avoid Judgement Lien?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SRR

What is the name of your state? FL.

Buying a home, but have some judgements. Renting now so they can't put a lien on anything. I read that if I put the property in a land trust or limited partnership, I can avoid being located on public records by my personal name.

Which is better the land trust where I name a trustee on the deed and myself as beneficiary or a Limited partnership where my corp. is the general partner which owns only 1% and is responsible for all debt, and myself and husband are limited partners?

One other question...The trustee that I name on the deed, what if someone sues the trustee? Then can the person sueing the trustee put a lien on my property even though the trustee really doesn't own it and it's not my debt?

Thanks. I hope I'm in the right forum!

HomeGuru

SRR said:
What is the name of your state? FL.

Buying a home, but have some judgements. Renting now so they can't put a lien on anything. I read that if I put the property in a land trust or limited partnership, I can avoid being located on public records by my personal name.

Which is better the land trust where I name a trustee on the deed and myself as beneficiary or a Limited partnership where my corp. is the general partner which owns only 1% and is responsible for all debt, and myself and husband are limited partners?

One other question...The trustee that I name on the deed, what if someone sues the trustee? Then can the person sueing the trustee put a lien on my property even though the trustee really doesn't own it and it's not my debt?

Thanks. I hope I'm in the right forum!
**A: you need to talk to an estate or trust attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">