• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obligation to Realtor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Florida

I made an offer on a house about a year ago; we negotiated back and forth and got within about 5% but never reached agreement. I just noticed that the house never did sell and it is now off the market. What are the legalities and ethics of my approaching the owners and making an offer without the realtor, and not paying a commission? Given that we were within the commission % of each other in price we might now have a deal.

I found the house in the first place and called the listing agent on the sign and worked with him only on this house. I signed no contract with the agent, but he did show us the house and help with the offers and negotiations. I don’t know what the contractual relationship between the seller and the agent was.

tranquility

If *you* didn't have a contract with the Realtor, *you* have no responsibilities to the Realtor. However, how did you present your offer? Did you agree to a dual agency with the Realtor? What does that contract say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">