• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owner doesn't want to sell his house anymore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jochoa

Back in January, I signed a contract to buy a house. The seller doesn't want to sell his house anymore because he believes that he should be getting more money for his property. What can I do?
I have everything ready for a closing date but he is not willing to cooperate. Please advice

HomeGuru

jochoa said:
Back in January, I signed a contract to buy a house. The seller doesn't want to sell his house anymore because he believes that he should be getting more money for his property. What can I do?
I have everything ready for a closing date but he is not willing to cooperate. Please advice
**A: if all the contingencies have been removed then you can threaten to file for breach of contract and specific performance.
Have an attorney review your contract based on the above and also see if there is an arbitration clause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">