• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Cash For House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pamster

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Florida If I pay cash for a house in Sarasota County...Can I (if I qualify) get a mortgage on it in the near future, if so do banks, mortgage cos. finance for 100% or less??? I am trying to expediate a closing by paying cash. Thanks. :confused:

JETX

"Can I (if I qualify) get a mortgage on it in the near future"
*** There is no way that anyone here can answer your question without a detailed review of your financial history. I would presume though that if you have a property fully paid for, SOMEONE will loan you something on it as long as you agree to put the property up as collateral.

"if so do banks, mortgage cos. finance for 100% or less???"
*** Usually less. The lender will want to make sure that you have some equity at risk in the event that you decide to move on.

nextwife

UNless you are a qualifying Veteran eligable for 100% VA financing, it is unlikely you can finance 100% LTV anywhere. A lender will generally want no more than 80% LTV, or will loan more by adding PMI. Now, if you are buying well below appariasal it MAY be possible to finance 100% of purchase price, if that comes to 80% LTV. But financing depends upon qualifying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">