• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property left by previous owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t_b

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I purchased a house back in January as a fixer upper, I have been having a friend work on it and havent been there since the purchase. Three weeks ago when I went to check on things I noticed a boat and some other items behind the garage and was told that they belonged to the previous owner and have been there since we bought the house. My friend John working on the place knows the previous owner personally and I asked him to talk to him and have him remove his items, it has been a couple weeks and the items including the boat are still there. Do you have to wait a certian amount of time before anything can be done? What can I do? Can I sell it?:) Have it towed at owners expense?:DWhat is the name of your state? MNWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

t_b said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I purchased a house back in January as a fixer upper, I have been having a friend work on it and havent been there since the purchase. Three weeks ago when I went to check on things I noticed a boat and some other items behind the garage and was told that they belonged to the previous owner and have been there since we bought the house. My friend John working on the place knows the previous owner personally and I asked him to talk to him and have him remove his items, it has been a couple weeks and the items including the boat are still there. Do you have to wait a certian amount of time before anything can be done? What can I do? Can I sell it?:) Have it towed at owners expense?:DWhat is the name of your state? MNWhat is the name of your state?

Write to the prior owners a certified letter, return receipt requested, with a bill for storage.

Tell them that if it is not paid within thirty days, you will sell the stuff.

t_b

My other thread was closed.

seniorjudge said:
Write to the prior owners a certified letter, return receipt requested, with a bill for storage.

Tell them that if it is not paid within thirty days, you will sell the stuff.
the agreement says
HNC management(HNC) is owned and operated by John Cumpian

HNC and Tracy Brown have agreed that she will be the creditor for the address of 4611 Cushing Ave. Buffalo, MN 55313. Tracy will receive the amount of twenty thousand dollars($20,000.00) within seven to ten (7-10) business days from the date of closing. Tracy also agrees to fill out a full credit application and sihn all paperwork in regards to closing the sale of the property above. Tracy agrees to sign a Quick claim deed over to HNC after payment of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000.00) is recieved forfeiting any proceeds, present and future, from the property stated above.

HNC agrees to pay all outstanding balances for the property stated above. HNC also agrees to pay all mortgage(s), insurance, and taxes on a timely basis that will be stated by the mortgagor. Tracy will not be held liable for any liens, mortgage(s), taxes, insurances, closing costs, etc. Tracy will have no out-of-pocket expense in regards to the purchase or the sale of the property stated above.

This agreement is a legal binding contract and will be upheld in any and all courts of law.

It is signed and dated by both of us and is on his companys letter head.
The Quick claim deed was never signed, John didn't seem to be in to much of a hurry to have it signed and then when I found out what it was and I had already made one months payment on the mortgage (to keep it from going past 30 days) I told him I wasn't going to sign it. The reason my credit is getting ruined is because he has not made a payment in 3 months and I don't have the money to pay it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">