• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick claim deed not signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hope4me

What is the name of your state? Ohio
got divorced in 2002 , ex and i had a house together but i was not on deed, he was told to refinace by his lawyer, and i needed to sign quick claim deed, it was never signed by me, he paid off house but i never signed over my rights.
i guess i need to know if i have any legal ground when it comes to the house and if he can sell it?

HomeGuru

hope4me said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
got divorced in 2002 , ex and i had a house together but i was not on deed, he was told to refinace by his lawyer, and i needed to sign quick claim deed, it was never signed by me, he paid off house but i never signed over my rights.
i guess i need to know if i have any legal ground when it comes to the house and if he can sell it?

**A: if you were not on the deed in the first place, there would be no deed for you to sign. Review your divorce decree property distribution agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">