• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

realtor/seller refuses to release escrow funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

THOMASLYT

i live in nj. put $5000 in escrow for purchase of property 3/1/02. 4/19/02 discovered wet basement minutes before inspection was to be done and after signing purchase agreement. immediately told seller no dice. was told by realtor inspection must be done to validate my claim. free estmate done by water proofing co 4/24/02. 5/2/02 received call from my realtor legal action being taken. already wrote 2 letters expressing regret & requesting full refund. how can i get all of my money back? preferably without spending more.

HomeGuru

THOMASLYT said:
i live in nj. put $5000 in escrow for purchase of property 3/1/02. 4/19/02 discovered wet basement minutes before inspection was to be done and after signing purchase agreement. immediately told seller no dice. was told by realtor inspection must be done to validate my claim. free estmate done by water proofing co 4/24/02. 5/2/02 received call from my realtor legal action being taken. already wrote 2 letters expressing regret & requesting full refund. how can i get all of my money back? preferably without spending more.
**A: where is your Realtor?
Read your contract for cancellation contingencies and cancel based on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">