• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scabies!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MtgHI

I recently purchased a house :) After the close, I moved in. A few days later, I had bug bites all over me. A month later, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Scabies- a form of body lice. I have tried every remedy and cannot get rid of them. The ailments hae caused me severe mental anguish and I cannot sleep without itching and I can't have people over for fear of contraction.
The resident manager said that the prevoius owner complained about these same ailments. Can I sue the previous owner for not disclosing this information?
There was a home inspection done, and there was evidence of termite damage, but there wasn't any report on scabies. Can I sue the inspector?
What are my options here?
Aloha,
Matt

HomeGuru

MtgHI said:
I recently purchased a house :) After the close, I moved in. A few days later, I had bug bites all over me. A month later, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Scabies- a form of body lice. I have tried every remedy and cannot get rid of them. The ailments hae caused me severe mental anguish and I cannot sleep without itching and I can't have people over for fear of contraction.
The resident manager said that the prevoius owner complained about these same ailments. Can I sue the previous owner for not disclosing this information?
There was a home inspection done, and there was evidence of termite damage, but there wasn't any report on scabies. Can I sue the inspector?
What are my options here?
Aloha,
Matt
**A: the home inspector is not responsible. Check out the standards of practice at www.ashi.com

C

chrisnine11

Successful eradication of this infestation requires the following:

See a dermatologist as soon as possible to begin treatment. Remember, although you may be disturbed at the thought of bugs, scabies is no reflection on your personal cleanliness.

Treat all exposed individuals whether obviously infested or not. Incubation time is 6-8 weeks so symptoms may not show up for a while. If you do not treat everyone, it is as if you were never treated.

Apply treatment to all skin from neck to toes. If you wash your hands after application, you need to reapply the medication to your hands again.

Wash all personal items. The mite is attracted to scent. Any clean clothes hanging in the closet or folded in the drawers are ok. Do all the laundry.

Items you do not wish to wash may be placed in the dryer on the hot cycle for 30 minutes.

Items may be dry-cleaned.

Rid or R&C spray may be used on items not laundered such as belts, shoes, purses, etc.

Pets do not need to be treated.

Carpets or upholstery do not need to be treated, though, some people will spray heavily on traffic areas.

Itching may persist for two or more weeks after successful eradication of the mite.

Items may also be placed in plastic bag and placed in the garage for two weeks. If the mites do not get a meal within one week, they die.

Vacuum the entire house and discard the bag, just to be on the safe side.

M

MtgHI

Thanks for the advice

I've done all that, none of it has worked. I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of this.
Also, there was a home inspection done, and that didn't disclose anything. Talking to the resident manager, he said that the previous owner of the condo was complaining of similiar ailments, and said that he would testify to that.
HELP!

Souix

Re: Thanks for the advice

MtgHI said:
I've done all that, none of it has worked. I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of this.
Also, there was a home inspection done, and that didn't disclose anything. Talking to the resident manager, he said that the previous owner of the condo was complaining of similiar ailments, and said that he would testify to that.
HELP!

***Home inspectors don't check for mites. For instructions on ridding yourself and home of scabies aka mites go to: http://okok.essortment.com/licescabiesmit_ppz.htm ***

Last edited:

BrokerRE

Resident Manager?

The "Resident Manager" confused me.

Was this a condo you bought?

Was it a house that was rented? So the tenants that lived there had scabies?

It probably won't make a bit of difference in the outcome, I'm just curious.

H

hexeliebe

Are you sure you didn't bring them with you?

Hell man, scabies gotta live too .

Souix

hexeliebe said:
Are you sure you didn't bring them with you?

Hell man, scabies gotta live too .

***And herein lies the answer. No one can prove where these mites came from, so if you can't prove they were there before you moved in, how are you going to prove it to a judge? Pets that have mange are highly contageous to humans, a mite can live and feed on human skin cells for up to 2 weeks. Did someone have a pet with red mange living there? ***

HomeGuru

Re: Thanks for the advice

MtgHI said:
HELP!
**A: you hired professional exterminators and that didn't work?

M

MtgHI

The Horror!

I have been dealing with these little *******s for 6 months now. Professional exterminators came in and sprayed twice. I went to 3 different dermatologists here and they all said that I am dilusional, but they gave me the meds anyway. Then my cousin came to visit, she called me on the bugs before I said anything, went back to the mainland to a doctor, and got diagnosed by a doctor who wasn't quite sure what the fuc% they are and now I am stuck in paradise with the evolution of human ailments. A bug too small to see and cant die. I have a girlfriend I can't be intimate with for a reason that I don't disclose, creams and ointments that don't work, and basically a cloud over my head 24-7 and I don't have a case here?
Thanks for listening, I feel better.

Souix

Re: The Horror!

MtgHI said:
I have been dealing with these little *******s for 6 months now. Professional exterminators came in and sprayed twice. I went to 3 different dermatologists here and they all said that I am dilusional, but they gave me the meds anyway. Then my cousin came to visit, she called me on the bugs before I said anything, went back to the mainland to a doctor, and got diagnosed by a doctor who wasn't quite sure what the fuc% they are and now I am stuck in paradise with the evolution of human ailments. A bug too small to see and cant die. I have a girlfriend I can't be intimate with for a reason that I don't disclose, creams and ointments that don't work, and basically a cloud over my head 24-7 and I don't have a case here?
Thanks for listening, I feel better.

***If you think you have a case, why hang around here? Go hire an attorney. Aloha!***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">