• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Changed Closing Date on Extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L_bungalow

What is the name of your state? buyer (me)-TN
seller-TX

I recently signed an extension on the closing date for a house I wish to purchase. The seller signed my offer, but my realtor failed (until yesterday) to tell me the seller had changed the closing date on the contract to be ten days earlier. I never signed on this and the new date is too early to process all the loan paperwork. Can the seller bind me to this date even though I never signed it? Since they signed the form I sent to them, are they bound to the original date I listed, or is the whole contract void?

Some Random Guy

As soon as you or the other party changes anything, then it becomes a new offer. Both parties will have to sign to make the new offer binding. Your realtor is an idiot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">